Yorkshire news Archie Battersbee's mum says 'it's the end' as final appeal rejected PremierLeague-News.Com
PremierLeague-News.Com - Her appeal to keep her 12-year-old child on life support was rejected
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! The mother of Archie Battersbee has described the rejection of her bid to postpone the withdrawal of her son’s life support as “another heart-breaking development” and suggested the legal battle is at an end. Hollie Dance and Archie’s father Paul Battersbee had submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights but it was refused on Wednesday evening. Asked by reporters outside Royal London hospital in Whitechapel whether this defeat felt different, Hollie said: “It’s the end. It was the last thing, wasn’t it? And again our country have failed a 12-year-old child.” She added: “We’ve now got to fight to see whether we can get him out of here to have a dignified passing at a hospice. It’s just unfair.” The 12-year-old has been in a coma since he was found unconscious in April and is being kept alive by a combination of medical interventions, including ventilation and drug treatments, at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London. Read more: Sainsbury's bans man from every store in the UK for life as he is left 'disgusted' His parents’ application to the Strasbourg-based court had been submitted just a few hours before Barts Health NHS Trust had been expected to withdraw their son’s life support on Wednesday morning. But shortly after 6.30pm, the European court said it had refused the parents’ request, adding that it would not “interfere with the decisions of the national courts to allow the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment from (Archie) to proceed”. Hollie Dance, mother of 12-year-old Archie Battersbee, speaks to the media outside the Royal London hospital in Whitechapel (Image: PA) There has not yet been confirmation from Barts Health NHS Trust as to when life support will be withdrawn. She claimed the hospital had “failed” her son, saying: “I would like him out of here as quick as possible really, and in a peaceful hospice to say goodbye and spend time with his family, uninterrupted by the noise and chaos.” Becoming tearful, she said: “The one thing I will say is, I promised him I’d fight to the end and that’s exactly what I’ve done.” Ms Dance said she “won’t allow” anything to be done before his father returns to his bedside at the hospital, and vowed to “fight” to get her son moved to a hospice.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
.” She restated that they had been contacted by doctors in Japan and Italy regarding her son’s condition, adding: “Why can’t we give him a chance?”
Ms Dance repeated her vow to “fight to the end for Archie’s right to live”, and said the family had wanted to take the boy to a hospice “but the hospital have said that we cannot do that despite previous promises”. UK Supreme Court judges have previously said they have “great sympathy” with Archie’s parents but added there is “no prospect of any meaningful recovery”. Ms Dance and Archie’s father, Paul Battersbee, have been involved in a series of legal efforts regarding their son’s condition. She said she “won’t allow” anything to be done before Mr Battersbee returns to his son’s bedside at the hospital on Thursday. She added: “They definitely won’t be doing anything until tomorrow because I definitely won’t allow that. So, yeah, we’ve got to wait for everybody to come back up again now.”
Hollie Dance, mother of 12-year-old Archie Battersbee, with an unidentified man, speaks to the media outside the Royal London hospita
The boy was found unconscious at his home by his mother on April 7 and has not regained consciousness since. She believes he was taking part in an online challenge. Ms Dance and Mr Battersbee were granted a Court of Appeal hearing on Monday after the Government asked judges to urgently consider a request from a UN committee to keep treating Archie while it reviews his case. However, after considering the matter, three judges refused to postpone the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment beyond midday on Tuesday. They also refused to grant permission to appeal against their ruling at the Supreme Court. They filed an application directly with the Supreme Court, asking for his treatment to continue so the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) could have time to consider their complaint, made last week. But, refusing permission to appeal, a panel of three justices concluded the Court of Appeal “made the correct decision”. Read next: Dad's anger at 'outright ridiculous' noise as Hebden Bridge squatter yelling about 'yuppies' keeps kids up at night Halifax woman electrocuted while hoovering her grass has life saved by £30 Puma shoes Heartbroken families of Tommy Shevels, Aaron Bell, Louis Banks, pay moving tribute to boys killed in Bedale crash Lorna Greenwood, 28, named as woman found dead at Huddersfield quarry Boy, 4, with chickenpox on a ventilator in hospital as family told to 'prepare for the worst'
Woman 'destroyed' after waking up to find this man touching her
Tragedy as man, 23, dies in car crash and driver seriously hurt
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com