Uk news Screams heard as man putting up Christmas tree plunges from cherry picker PremierLeague-News.Com
PremierLeague-News.Com - The council worker was helping with decorations when he plunged through a glass canopy on Monday morning.
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! A man was rushed to hospital after falling from a cherry picker while putting up a Christmas tree. The council worker was helping to decorate Bury Market in Greater Manchester when he plunged through a glass canopy on Monday morning. Emergency services raced to the scene and the 30-year-old was taken to hospital with serious injuries. According to Manchester Evening News, shop workers said they heard 'screaming' before the man tumbled from the cherry picker and crashed through the glass overhang. Pictures from the market entrance show the yellow vehicle on its side surrounded by shards of glass. Witnesses reported seeing paramedics treating the victim at the scene. Read More Related Articles Scots pensioner killed in single car crash on Welsh motorway Read More Related Articles Man injured after armed cops fire gun during street lockdown in Stonehaven The North West Ambulance service said the man had fallen 'from a height' at around 10am and was taken to hospital to be treated for 'major trauma'. Bury Council have said they are currently investigating the incident and that it has been referred to the Health and Safety Executive. Selda Ashtari, 35, of Daisy florists, said: “They were assembling a Christmas tree and I heard somebody screaming. He came through the glass. In these situations you should not move a person. People put some clothes and jackets under his head to make him comfortable. After that the ambulance came and they helped him. I think he broke his leg.” The yellow cherry picker overturned outside the market, beside shards of glass. (Image: Manchester Evening News) Another market worker said: “I just came out and saw him on the floor. It was really shocking actually.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
. We all hope he’s ok.” A spokesperson for the North West Ambulance Service said: "We were call at 10.30am to reports a person had fallen from a height and Bury Market. We have taken a man to hospital to be treated for major trauma."
The council worker smashed through a glass canopy. (Image: Manchester Evening News) A Bury Council spokesperson added: “Unfortunately there was an accident this afternoon on Bury Market behind Princess Parade, which has resulted in a member of the council’s staff being taken to hospital with leg injuries. We understand that equipment being used to help erect a Christmas tree on the market, toppled over into the canopy of an adjacent shop. “That part of the market was not open at the time, and the area has been cordoned off. We have informed the Health and Safety Executive and will be conducting our own inquiry into the incident. Our thoughts are with our colleague, and we wish him a speedy recovery.”
Top news stories today
Dad of ecstasy death teen wants new laws
Boy raising cash for homeless gifts
Injured paraglider sparks rescue mission
Scots drugs crisis being 'forgotten' A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “Just before 11am this morning (Monday 21st November), One fire engine from Heywood fire station was called to reports of an overturned cherry picker on Murray Road, Bury. “The crew arrived quickly at scene and worked with colleagues from Northwest Ambulance Service to treat one 30-year-old man at the scene. Firefighters using hydraulic cutting gear worked to make the area safe. Firefighters were in attendance for around forty minutes.” Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond - Sign up to our daily newsletter here . READ NEXT: 'Brilliant' neurosurgeon found dead in Scots loch hailed by patients and colleagues British dad dies from poisoning on family holiday to Disney World in Florida Man dies after police incident on M8 in Glasgow sparking ‘unexplained’ death probe
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com