UK 'I'll take it' - Man Utd starlet Teden Mengi details future plans last minute news
PremierLeague-News.Com- The academy starlet had a rough end to last season but hopes he can start afresh in 2023.
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! Teden Mengi says he is open to going out on loan in January after recovering from a long-term injury that curtailed his spell at Birmingham last year. The centre-half was building up great consistency at St Andrew’s after his January switch before a nasty recurring hamstring injury sustained in February flared up again badly in March. Mengi had started nine games before his setback and again succumbed to the problem on his return, forcing him to return to Carrington early. The 20-year-old had been sidelined ever since until his return to action for United’s Under-21s in October, featuring in a 2-2 draw with Fleetwood in the Papa John’s Trophy ahead of a 7-6 penalty shoot-out loss. READ MORE: Manchester United great Roy Keane gives verdict on Cristiano Ronaldo exit He has since played in three Premier League 2 matches and played in Tuesday’s penalties win over Wolves, again in the Papa John’s Trophy. Mengi played the full 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet in the goalless draw during regulation time prior to the 4-1 spot-kick triumph.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
. "Every game, I'm feeling fitter, stronger, sharper,” he told club media. "So yeah, I think I'm standing myself in good stead for January, if the option comes up for me to get an opportunity to go out on loan and impress and get some more experience, then I'll take it." Mengi has two United first-team appearances to his name, having featured for the final 30 minutes in last season’s Champions League group stage clash with Young Boys. He made his senior debut in May 2020, coming on late in a 2-1 win over Austrian outfit LASK. Mengi previously enjoyed a short loan spell at Derby, playing nine times under Wayne Rooney in the 2020/21 season. READ NEXT: Sir Jim Ratcliffe delivered 'bad omen' as United put up for sale United fans know they don't want after 17 years of Glazer ownership Fernandes breaks silence on Ronaldo exit Roy Keane reacts to news the Glazers are willing to sell Manchester United news homepage