Sheffield news Erik Alonso's proposed takeover of Derby County has 'fallen through' PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - The Spanish businessman, who owns No Limits Sport Limited, agreed to take over from current Rams owner Mel Morris last month but there has been uncertainty over the deal in recent weeks

Sheffield news Erik Alonso's proposed takeover of Derby County has 'fallen through' PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - The Spanish businessman, who owns No Limits Sport Limited, agreed to take over from current Rams owner Mel Morris last month but there has been uncertainty over the deal in recent weeks

Sheffield news  Erik Alonso's proposed takeover of Derby County has 'fallen through' PremierLeague-News.Com
13 May 2021 - 20:04

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! Erik Alonso's takeover of Derby County is reportedly off. The Telegraph claim Rams owner Mel Morris plans to "scrap negotiations" with the Spanish businessman amid concerns over whether a deal can be concluded Alonso, a former advisor to Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri, announced on April 7 that his company No Limits Sport Limited had a buyout of Derby. The club issued a statement at the time saying a definitive agreement was reached with the 29-year-old. Alonso’s statement read: "We are proud and delighted to announce No Limits Sports Limited have approached the EFL for approval to be the new owners of Derby County Football Club, following agreement with the club’s current owner Mel Morris." Days later Alonso stated his intention to guide the Rams into the Champions League. The deal was awaiting approval from the English Football League (EFL). However, The Telegraph say that Alonso's takeover has fallen through and Morris is talking to other interested parties, including an America consortium. The latest twist in the saga comes just days after Derby secured their Championship survival on the final-day after a 3-3 home draw against the Owls. Alonso and his Indonesian backers tried to buy Wednesday earlier this year, tabling an offer understood to be in the region of £25m-£30m.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. On Alonso's involvement, Chansiri told Yorkshire Live: "He said at the beginning he would help me with commercial and sponsors. We need help with revenue. Read More Related Articles Dejphon Chansiri's first step to winning over his detractors among Sheffield Wednesday fanbase Read More Related Articles Six Sheffield Wednesday transfer links rated as Darren Moore eyes summer rebuild "I always welcome anyone who offers to help us with revenue. "Erik said he could bring a sponsor in. I have talked with him for more than a year but he didn't bring any sponsors. "A couple of months ago, he came to talk about players and the manager. I said 'no problem, you can put your suggestion' the same as other people who sent to us. That is normal.” Read More Related Articles Six Sheffield Wednesday transfer links rated as Darren Moore eyes summer rebuild Read More Related Articles What next for Sheffield Wednesday, Darren Moore and Dejphon Chansiri after a season of misery

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 20 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
MAY INTEREST YOU x
Sport news  Neal Maupay had to be dragged away by team-mates after calling referee Jon Moss a 'f****** joke' as FA report reveals tirade of abuse hurled at match officials by Brighton forward following red card at Wolves Premierleague-News.com
Sport news Neal Maupay had to be dragged away by team-mates after...
Uk News  Earl Spencer "draws a line" between Martin Bashir's interview with Princess Diana and her death United Kingdom news
Uk News Earl Spencer "draws a line" between Martin...