North East UK news West Ham land Aguerd, Rudiger rejected Barca PremierLeague-News.Com
PremierLeague-News.Com - All the latest from around the Premier League as David Moyes' Hammers get their summer dealings under way
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! Here are the latest Premier League headlines for Monday, June 20. West Ham land Aguerd West Ham have signed Morocco defender Nayef Aguerd from French side Rennes. The 26-year-old, who has been capped 25 times by his country, has agreed a five-year contract with the Premier League club. Hammers manager David Moyes had been eager to recruit a left-footed centre-back during the summer window. Aguerd will provide competition for Craig Dawson, Issa Diop, Angelo Ogbonna and Kurt Zouma at London Stadium. Moyes told the club website: "I am delighted to welcome Nayef to West Ham United. We have tracked his progress for some time and I'm very pleased that we have been able to complete the signing. He's a great addition that will add to our defensive options. "I have been really impressed with Nayef's character and attitude during our discussions. He has a great desire to improve and be successful, and I am sure he will fit in very well to the environment we have at Rush Green (training ground)." READ MORE: Hugo Ekitike's agent vow as Newcastle handed transfer boost by Borussia Dortmund Rudiger reveals Barca snub Antonio Rudiger said joining Real Madrid from Chelsea was a "huge step" as he revealed he rejected an approach from his new club's bitter rivals Barcelona. The 29-year-old defender was unveiled in the Spanish capital on Monday afternoon having signed a four-year contract to move to the European champions on a free transfer. Rudiger, who turned down a lucrative new deal to remain at Stamford Bridge, had been in demand across Europe but insisted he was never tempted by advances from Barca. The Germany international is relishing the opportunity to represent LaLiga giants Real and was reminded of the immense responsibility of doing so by a trip to the club's trophy cabinet. "Yes, there was interest from Barcelona," he told a press conference. "But I told my brother it was Real Madrid or nothing. What I can promise is, I will give everything for the club and I want to win as many trophies as possible.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
. But I try to enjoy the pressure. I see myself as fortunate to be here, to do what I love. I was in the trophy cabinet of Real Madrid and there the pressure starts. This is something that you cannot run away from. You have to try to enjoy it." Boehly to take charge at Chelsea Todd Boehly is expected to become Chelsea chairman when Bruce Buck stands down at the end of the month. Chelsea's co-controlling owner Boehly's expected move into the chairmanship indicates once again the US billionaire's desire for a hands-on stewardship at Stamford Bridge. Buck has worked at Chelsea for almost 20 years, and will remain with the Blues in an advisory capacity when relinquishing the role of chairman. Buck is understood to have won a lot of respect from Chelsea's new consortium chiefs Boehly and Clearlake Capital during the club's record £4.25billion sale process. The 48-year-old Boehly is understood to have found himself greatly engaged and fascinated by the challenge ahead at Chelsea however, prompting his move towards the central role of chairman. Buck helped broker Roman Abramovich's Chelsea purchase in 2003, before progressing to the role of chairman as the Blues became a dominant global force. The New York-born lawyer was on hand as the Blues won 21 men's trophies and 12 women's titles in the Abramovich era. "I am proud to have helped Chelsea realise great success on the pitch and make a positive impact in the community," said Buck. "Now is the right time to step down and let new ownership build on the strong foundations we have in place. The owners have a compelling vision for Chelsea's future, and I look forward to helping them achieve it in this new role alongside our incredible staff, players, coaches and supporters."
Moussa Diaby could be £50m bargain as Newcastle hope for Ekitike and Botman transfer breakthrough
'Refreshing to see', Shaka Hislop on Eddie Howe's revolution and 'spending power' of Newcastle owners
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com