North East UK news Mum's warning over E.coli after daughter who caught it in Turkey dies PremierLeague-News.Com
PremierLeague-News.Com - Little Allie Birchall was taken ill shortly after returning from a holiday
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! The mum of a beautiful ‘princess’ has given a chilling warning after two-year-old Allie tragically died from E.coli. Little Allie Birchall was taken ill shortly after returning from a holiday in Turkey, where her family believe she caught the killed bacterial infection. Now Allie’s family have warned other parents of the dangers of the potentially lethal infection. She initially suffered from vomiting, stomach cramps and diarrhoea, just four days after returning from the holiday an inquest at Manchester Coroner’s Court heard last month, the MEN reports. The court was told that Allie, from Atherton, near Wigan, rapidly deteriorated at Royal Bolton Hospital and was later found to have contracted a unique strain of Escherichia coli (E. coli). The coroner concluded it: ‘must have originated in Turkey but it is not possible to say how Allie acquired it’. Read more:Government to increase Monkeypox vaccine roll out in Britain to help stop outbreak The coroner said: “Doctors were concerned that Allie was suffering from Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome caused by Shiga[-Toxin] producing Escherichia coli”. Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome is a potentially fatal blood condition linked to Shiga-Toxin E. coli which can lead to kidney failure and brain damage. Due to the seriousness of her condition Allie was then transferred to Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital for more supportive treatment, including dialysis, the inquest heard. Unfortunately her condition worsened and her life support machine was turned off when an MRI scan revealed she had suffered brain damage. The coroner found little Allie's medical cause of death to be encephalopathy (brain swelling) and other complications of the infection caused by E. coli (Image: Family handout) Allie’s mum Katie, 36, said: “Losing our little Allie so tragically and suddenly was heartbreaking for us all, and it’s still incredibly difficult to think we’ll never see her again. When she was admitted to hospital, we were all praying she would pull through.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
. “The whole experience has been nothing short of traumatic and we have lost a huge part of our lives. Allie had her whole life ahead of her before it was snatched away in the cruellest way possible. Her death is something we’ll never get over. “Sadly nothing can turn back the clock and bring our princess back to us, but we’re grateful that the inquest is over and we at least have some answers. All we can hope for now is that others don’t have to suffer like our family has.” The coroner found little Allie’s medical cause of death to be encephalopathy (brain swelling) and other complications associated with Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome, brought on by Shiga-Toxin producing Escherichia coli (E. coli) infection. Jatinder Paul, the Senior Associate Solicitor at Irwin Mitchell representing Allie’s family, said: “Allie’s death continues to have a profound effect on her family, including her mum Katie who in particular is understandably still struggling to come to terms with what they’ve all been through. “While we can’t change what happened, Allie’s family at least now have some answers as to why she was taken from them so soon. The dangers of gastric illnesses and infections should never be downplayed. “E.coli is extremely serious and can result in long-term health problems and in the worst cases, such as this, death. We’ll continue to support them as they attempt to come to terms with their loss.” Anyone wanting more information about E.coli can visit the NHS website here. Read next:
North East commuters endure huge delays to journeys as many services ground to a halt
Just 60 per cent of trains likely to be running on Wednesday after strikes
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com