Manchester news Smoke billows over city centre after fire breaks out at Chinese restaurant Manchester united news

PremierLeague-News.Com - The blaze started in the kitchen of Lameizi in Chester Street shortly before midday

Manchester news Smoke billows over city centre after fire breaks out at Chinese restaurant Manchester united news

PremierLeague-News.Com - The blaze started in the kitchen of Lameizi in Chester Street shortly before midday

Manchester news  Smoke billows over city centre after fire breaks out at Chinese restaurant Manchester united news
20 June 2022 - 14:30

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! Smoke billowed over Manchester city centre after a fire broke out at a Chinese restaurant. The blaze started in the kitchen of Lameizi, a Chinese restaurant in Chester Street, shortly before midday today (Monday). Pictures shared on social media showed plumes of thick black smoke rising from the top of the Quadrangle building above the restaurant. The building, off Oxford Road, is home to a number of apartments and restaurants. It is thought that the smoke from the fire was sent to the top of the building via an extractor fan. Five fire engines attended and firefighters brought the flames under control. READ MORE: What homes you can buy in Greater Manchester with a budget of £100,000 The scene of the fire in Chester Street (Image: @DavidBriddon2 / Twitter) One person was treated for burns to their hands. A spokesperson for North West Ambulance Service said paramedics did not take anyone to hospital.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. Lameizi and neighbouring restaurants Nando's and Casa Mexica were forced to close as firefighters battled the blaze. Chester Street reopened shortly before 2pm. A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: "At 11.59am on Monday 20 June, firefighters attended a fire at a restaurant on Chester Street, Manchester. Smoke from the fire could be seen across the city centre (Image: Matt Foulkes) "Five fire engines from Manchester Central Fire Station attended the scene where a fire had broken out in a kitchen at a restaurant. "Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and two ventilation units in extinguishing the fire. One casualty is being treated after suffering burns to their hands." Read more of today's top stories here READ NEXT: Three released under investigation as death of man at Salford tower block remains a mystery 'I was raped multiple times in my sleep by my abusive husband but no charges were brought' Man, 22, in 'serious' condition after punch from behind in Stevenson Square, Northern Quarter 'I died twice and was brought back to life - I saw myself outside of my body' Sexually exploited children in Oldham were failed by those who were meant to protect them, damning report finds

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 29 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News