Manchester news School issues moving statement after pupil, 15, killed in stabbing horror Manchester united news
PremierLeague-News.Com - It is understood the teenager had knocked on the door of a nearby house for help following the incident.
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! A Bolton school has released a tribute following the fatal stabbing of one of its pupils. Staff at Harper Green School say they are “shocked and saddened” by the death of Reece Tansey in a moving statement posted on its website. The 15-year-old was stabbed to death in Great Lever this morning on Tuesday (May 4). Police were called to Walker Avenue just before 4:45am where Reece was found with several stab wounds. It is understood the teenager had knocked on the door of a nearby house for help following the incident. He was taken to hospital but later died from his injuries. The Farnworth school, where Reece had been a year 10 pupil, today released a statement on its website. It reads: “Dear Parent and Carers, “It is with great sadness that we are contacting you to inform you that an incident occurred in the local community at 4.40am this morning resulting in the tragic death of a Year 10 student of Harper Green School. “The school community is shocked and saddened by this terrible news and our thoughts are with the student’s family and friends at this difficult time. Forensic officers at the scene this morning (Image: ABNM Photography) “For a life to be ended at such a young age is a total tragedy. “We will ensure any students who need it receive support and advice through our pastoral system. “Harper Green is a close-knit community, we will work together over the coming days and weeks in supporting all those affected.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
.” No arrests have yet been made, a spokesman for GMP confirmed. A large cordon is currently in place with a number of streets having been taped off, including Walker Avenue, Lowick Avenue, Linstead Avenue, and Royland Court. Forensic crime scene officers are also at the scene. A file in relation to the teenager’s death has been passed to Bolton Coroners Court, a spokesperson confirmed.
The scene in Bolton today
(Image: ABNM Photography)
Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, a friend said: “[They're a] really nice family if I'm honest. “Such a shame a young life has been taken just like that. Thoughts go out to his family.” Detective Superintendent Chris Bridge, of Wigan and Bolton Districts said: "This incident will understandably be a huge shock to the community and our thoughts are with the boy's family at this awful time.
Teenage boy, 15, stabbed to death in Bolton is named
Teenager killed in stabbing horror, police launch murder investigation
"These are very early stages of our investigation but we would like to reassure the public that we are doing all we can to piece together what happened and find those responsible. "There will be an increased police presence in the area whilst we carry out a number of lines of enquiry and anyone concerned in the local neighbourhood can speak to our officers. "I would urge anyone who may have information or witnessed anything in the area to come forward. Even the smallest information may be crucial to our investigation."
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com