Manchester news Moments that led up to stabbing of tragic Kennie, 16, heard for first time Manchester united news

PremierLeague-News.Com - Detectives gave an update on the investigation into 'cheeky chappy' Kennie's death an inquest hearing

Manchester news Moments that led up to stabbing of tragic Kennie, 16, heard for first time Manchester united news

PremierLeague-News.Com - Detectives gave an update on the investigation into 'cheeky chappy' Kennie's death an inquest hearing

Manchester news Moments that led up to stabbing of tragic Kennie, 16, heard for first time Manchester united news
05 August 2022 - 18:15

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! Full of details of three incidents that preceded the fatal stabbing of a much-loved 16-year-old boy in Trafford have been disclosed for the first time. 'Cheeky chappy' Kennie Carter, 16, died after being stabbed in the street in Stretford as he walked home on the evening of January 22 this year. He died in hospital after a member of the public found him on Thirlmere Avenue. The opening of an inquest into his death earlier this year heard he had suffered a single stab wound to the chest. READ MORE: Mum of stabbed schoolboy's six months of 'sheer hell'... as killer is still walking streets Today (Friday), at a pre-inquest review hearing, a coroner was told the police investigation into the tragedy was ongoing with no charges having yet being brought. During the hearing, Detective Inspector Edwards from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) also gave the coroner an outline of the background to Kennie's tragic death, which appeared "to have followed a dispute between two groups." Tributes to Kennie Carter left at this home (Image: Manchester Evening News - Gary Oakley) Investigators had established there were three incidents in the hours before he was stabbed, she revealed. On Friday, January 21, there was an incident in a chicken shop on Chester Road where "a male was assaulted by a number of other males." "It's thought Kennie Carter was present," she said. On the same day, there was what "appears to be some sort of pre-planned confrontation between the two groups" in Victoria Park. Then on Saturday, January 22, in the hours before Kennie's death, "the two groups have met up again" and were "involved in some form of verbal altercation" at Stetford Mall. Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to play Tap to play The video will auto-play soon8Cancel Play now Investigations have concluded no criminal offences were committed during that incident, DI Edwards said, but she added "it is clear there were tensions ongoing between the two groups." At around 6pm on Saturday January 22, Kennie was with a "number of associates" at a flat on Hattons Court. A total of 12 males arrived at the location and "managed to gain entry to the communal area "but not the flat", DI Edwards said. Eleven of the 12 were captured on Metrolink CCTV cameras as it appeared they had used the tram to travel to the location, she added. It appeared three bikes were stolen from the communal area before they left. Officers searching for evidence on Thirlmere Avenue in Stretford following Kennie's death in January this year (Image: PA) Later, "believing it was safe to do so", Kennie left the flat to make his way home but encountered the group and was subsequently chased down Moses Road and onto Thirlmere Avenue, where he was later discovered with the fatal stab wound.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. "We have identified ten of the 12 individuals involved and they were arrested. This was earlier on this year" she said. "In June nine were further arrested as further evidence was gathered", she added. DI Edwards said there were still "a number of outstanding enquiries to complete" and that "the investigation is still very much ongoing." Flowers left at the scene (Image: PA) When asked by Assistant Coroner Andrew Bridgman if any charging decisions had been made, she said: "Not yet. But we are hopeful of being able to liaise with the CPS at some point in the near future." As no charging decisions had yet been made, Mr Bridgman said he would not be suspending the inquest proceedings but merely adjourning them. "As there's no charging decision made regarding a considerable number of persons involved or potentially involved in the death of Kennie Carter, although obviously likely only one person directly involved, I am adjourning to a further date three months hence." Kennie's family were not present at the hearing at South Manchester Coroner's Court in Stockport on Friday afternoon. In a tribute issued following his death, they said he was "our youngest, our baby, our cheeky chappy with baby blue eyes. The hearing was held at South Manchester Coroner's Court in Stockport (Image: MEN Media) "His death has left a massive hole in our lives and our family has been destroyed. We will never have the opportunity to see him growing up and having a family of his own." Last month, Kennie's parents told the Manchester Evening News the last six months had been "sheer hell" as they and the police launched a fresh appeal for information ahead of what would have been his 17th birthday. His mum Joan Dixon, 47, said: "I know he's not a baby but to me he's a baby, he's my youngest of four. "I've got Kennie on my mind 24-7, right now while I'm talking to you Kennie's in my head, while I'm asleep Kennie's in my head, when I wake up Kennie's in my head. "Every day is the same thing, we'll sit there, and I'm sat on the edge of my chair every day, and it's as if I'm waiting for something every day - to be told there's been a breakthrough or something. I still even think he's gonna walk through the door and it's all been just a real vile trick that's been played." "Somebody's got to do the right thing" she added as she urged anyone with information that may help detectives to come forward." "They'll have their own families one day and if ever anything happens like that they'll feel the same way" dad Glen Carter, 52, added. Sign up to our Trafford newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox READ NEXT: Moss Side gunman still at large one week on from horror shooting as cops make promise Serial abuser threatened to kill partner and held a knife to her throat after she questioned texts found on his phone Weapons haul and 'banned dog' seized after police raid cricket club being 'used to store stolen vehicles' The most sought-after home in Greater Manchester that house hunters all have their eyes on Police 'concerned' after woman dragged into car with 'cloned registration plate'

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 25 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment