Manchester news Man brandished machete in park full of children... but avoids jail Manchester united news

PremierLeague-News.Com - “The sight of you; a tall, big 28-year-old wandering around Oldham raising machetes and axes must have put the fear of God into people who were just going about their daily business."

Manchester news Man brandished machete in park full of children... but avoids jail Manchester united news

PremierLeague-News.Com - “The sight of you; a tall, big 28-year-old wandering around Oldham raising machetes and axes must have put the fear of God into people who were just going about their daily business."

Manchester news Man brandished machete in park full of children... but avoids jail Manchester united news
15 August 2022 - 18:15

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! An Oldham man, who brandished a machete as children played in a park and threw bricks towards a group of bikers, has avoided jail. Zackary Mercer-Barlow was also using a ‘rubber axe’ to chop at trees during the ‘psychotic episode'. The 28-year-old was initially spotted by three bikers, as he walked towards Asda in Huddersfield Road on May 15, prosecution barrister Helena Williams told Minshull Street Crown Court. Mercer-Barlow was holding a hoodie in his right hand and pulled out a ‘18-inch blade machete', which he waved at the group. One of the group reported the incident to Asda staff, who called police, and Mercer-Barlow made his way to a local park. While there, he ‘smacked trees and bins’ with the weapon, as children played nearby. READ MORE : Benjamin Mendy was 'predator' who raped women in his mansion 'with special locking doors', court hears As he left, he was seen by the group of bikers ‘throwing his hands in the air’. One of the bikers thought that he was ‘goading’ them but could not hear what was being said due to wearing a helmet and a headset. Zackary Barlow-Mercer (Image: Facebook) Mercer-Barlow then swung a rubber axe at trees on a footpath, Ms Williams told the court. He then ran at the bikers and they drove away to Top Street. As one of the men warned residents about Mercer-Barlow’s behaviour, he felt something hit him on the shoulder, which had cut through his clothing and caused a minor injury. As they fled along Redgrave Street, Mercer-Barlow threw bricks at the group but missed, instead damaging two parked cars. Mercer-Barlow, of Mere Close, Greenfield, was arrested at around 4.50pm but had got rid of his weapons by the time police arrived.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. Defending, Steve Sullivan told the court that Mercer-Barlow had been out drinking and taking cocaine prior to the incident but has been sober since July 9. He described the incident as a “psychotic episode” and said that he has sought help for his mental health issues. Mr Sullivan added: “He is currently living an honest, industrious life and is doing all he can to improve his lifestyle.” Addressing Mercer-Barlow in the dock, Recorder Paul Hodgkinson said: “The sight of you; a tall, big 28-year-old wandering around Oldham raising machetes and axes must have put the fear of God into people who were just going about their daily business. You then went to a park, of all places, where children were playing. You were hacking at trees, no doubt terrifying children and parents who had gone their to enjoy a day.” Mercer-Barlow was sentenced to two years imprisonment, suspended for two years. He will have to complete 100 hours of unpaid work and 40 rehabilitation activity requirement under the conditions of his sentence. Explaining the decision to suspend the sentence, Recorder Hodgkinson said: “I am persuaded, just, because of the work you have done upon yourself that I am able to suspend that sentence.” He continued: “You have come incredibly close to being sent to prison today. I will remember you and I will reserve this case to me so if there are breaches, I will remember what I told you, how close you came and arguably how lucky you’ve been today. “I am encouraged by the support of your family, I am encouraged by the fact you are working and I am encouraged by the things you have done since the incident. Keep it up, get the help that you need.” Read more of today's top stories here READ NEXT: Sadness and fear as police flood Moss Side streets after man shot dead following weekend of Caribbean Carnival celebrations 'It was a disaster waiting to happen': Calls for late-night street parties to be managed Coleen Campbell in court for conspiracy to murder after death of Thomas Campbell Mum's appeal to find three missing children who are 'thought to be with their dad' as police investigate Family's Tenerife dream holiday turns into nightmare as woman, 39, left screaming in agony and 'abandoned'

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 70 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News