Manchester news Archie Battersbee's mum speaks out as final legal appeal rejected Manchester united news
PremierLeague-News.Com - Archie’s mother Hollie Dance described herself as "broken" as she said the hospital had made it clear there were no more options and that life support would be withdrawn at 10am today
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! The mother of Archie Battersbee says she has 'done everything that I promised my little boy I’d do.' It comes as his devastated family prepare for his life-support treatment to be withdrawn this morning (Saturday). A last-ditch plea to the European Court of Human Rights to intervene in the case was rejected late on Friday, following a High Court ruling that he must remain at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London. The 12-year-old has been in a coma since he was found unconscious by his mother in April and is being kept alive by a combination of medical interventions, including ventilation and drug treatments. READ MORE: Archie Battersbee must die in hospital after hospice bid fails, appeal court judges rule Archie’s parents have fought a long-running legal battle over the withdrawal of treatment and in recent days made bids to the High Court, Court of Appeal and European Court of Human Rights to have him transferred to a hospice to die. In an emotional interview with Sky News, recorded on Friday, Archie’s mother Hollie Dance described herself as "broken" as she said the hospital had made it clear there were no more options and that life support would be withdrawn at 10am today. Archie's mum Hollie Dance says she is "pretty broken" (Image: PA) “The last however many weeks since 7th April, I don’t think there’s been a day that hasn’t been awful really" she said, breaking down. “It’s been really hard" she added. Despite the hard strong face and appearance obviously in front of the cameras up until now, I’ve been pretty broken.” Asked if there was anything more she could do, Ms Dance, from Southend in Essex said: “No. I’ve done everything that I promised my little boy I’d do. And I’ve done it.” A spokesman with campaign group Christian Concern, which is supporting Archie’s family, told the PA news agency: “All legal routes have been exhausted. The family are devastated and are spending precious time with Archie.” Hollie with Archie in hospital (Image: PA) Supporters brought flowers to the hospital on Saturday morning. Shelley Elias, 43, said she had come to the Royal London Hospital because “I wanted his mum Hollie and the family to know I was thinking of them”.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
. She said: “I did not know what to write because there are no words that will take the pain away. I just wanted the mum and her family to know that I am here for them. “My boy is 12, the same age as Archie, and this just puts things in perspective. When things like this happen, you just think ‘I have nothing to moan about in life’.”
Archie has been in a coma since he was found unconscious by his mother in April
Candles flickered in the shape of the letter “A” and also formed a love heart around a card with Archie’s name in a makeshift tribute at a statue in front of the hospital. Barts Health NHS Trust did not immediately update its statement, instead referring to its previous position which said no changes will be made to Archie’s care “until the outstanding legal issues are resolved”. In a High Court ruling on Friday morning, Mrs Justice Theis concluded it was not in Archie’s best interests to be moved to a hospice and the Court of Appeal rejected permission to appeal that decision. Christian Concern said the family had wanted to challenge the High Court ruling by arguing there had been a violation of articles six and eight of the European Convention on Human Rights. Article six is the right to a fair trial and article eight is the right to respect for private and family life.
Well-wishers arrived at the hospital to show their support this morning
A spokesman for the European court said it had received a request from representatives of Archie’s parents under Rule 39, which allow it to apply “interim measures” in “exceptional” cases, and that the complaints “fell outside the scope” of that rule, and so it would not intervene. The Court of Appeal judges said Mrs Justice Theis’ ruling in the High Court dealt “comprehensively with each of the points raised on behalf of the parents”. The judges said they had “reached the clear conclusion that each of her decisions was right for the reasons she gave”. They added: “It follows that the proposed appeal has no prospect of success and there is no other compelling reason for the Court of Appeal to hear an appeal.” The Court of Appeal judges also said one of the arguments presented by Archie’s parents was “flawed legally”, adding: “It is also not easy to understand as it seeks to argue that Archie’s best interests have ceased to be relevant.” Doctors treating the schoolboy for the last four months declared Archie to be “brain-stem dead”, prompting a lengthy but ultimately failed legal battle by his family to continue his life support treatment in the hope he would recover. READ NEXT: "I don't want another parent to go through the pain I have": The heartbroken people facing up to the reality of knife attacks Police to clamp down on 'youths wreaking havoc' on town centre during holidays Estate agent was allegedly battered in hotel by rugby star boyfriend who died of a heart attack during the assault Warning after young man climbs Salford Quays bridge in 'incredibly dangerous' stunt Victim of vicious racist attack during which she was BITTEN talks about impact on her son as attacker avoids jail
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com