Liverpool news Mum of teen Everton fan that Ronaldo slapped welcomes ban PremierLeague-News.Com
PremierLeague-News.Com - Jacob Harding, 14, had his phone slapped out of his hand by the former Manchester United player
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! A mum whose autistic son had his phone slapped out of his hand by Cristiano Ronaldo has welcomed his FA fine and ban. The Portuguese legend knocked teenage Everton fan Jacob Harding’s phone to the ground as he angrily left the pitch at Goodison Park. Ronaldo, who was sacked by Manchester United this week following a bombshell interview with Piers Morgan, was furious after losing the game. He was later given a police caution for the incident in April, which left 14-year-old Jacob with a bruised and puffy hand. Ronaldo was fined £50,000 and handed a two-game ban by the FA over the attack, which was caught on camera. Jacob’s mum Sarah Kelly, 37, said she was happy Ronaldo had been punished by the FA for “improper and/or violent conduct”, Mirror Online reports. READ MORE: Teen begged alleged killer to 'leave it' before being beaten to death She said: “I welcome the fact he has been fined. It’s been a long time coming. The FA rang me to tell me beforehand that he was getting the suspension and the fine. “It would be nice now if they gave the £50,000 to charity, maybe one for autistic children.” Sarah blasted United for not punishing Ronaldo for the incident, which occurred towards the end of last season. She said: "They should have taken action against Ronaldo a long time ago.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
. I’ve been getting attacked online for dragging it on when it was everyone else taking their time. "I’ve had no apology whatsoever from Manchester United. They haven’t once reached out to me." The ban means Ronaldo would be suspended for two games if he joins another Premier League club. United’s fierce rivals Chelsea and Newcastle have both linked with a move for the 37-year-old. Ronaldo is in Qatar preparing for Portugal’s World Cup opener against Ghana on Thursday. He issued a public apology after the Goodison Park incident, which occurred as he made his way towards the tunnel. Ronaldo said: “It’s never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing. Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game. “I would like to apologise for my outburst and invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair-play and sportsmanship.” READ NEXT: People arrive at work to find police cordon after woman's death Person found dead on railway line Teen with 'heart of gold' dies weeks after being crowned Prom King Find the coins hidden on the ECHO website for the chance to win a £200 voucher
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com