Liverpool news Family falls ill at TUI resort as holidaymakers take legal action PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - 'I’m a grown man and I was nearly brought to tears by the pain'

Liverpool news Family falls ill at TUI resort as holidaymakers take legal action PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - 'I’m a grown man and I was nearly brought to tears by the pain'

Liverpool news  Family falls ill at TUI resort as holidaymakers take legal action PremierLeague-News.Com
24 June 2022 - 12:00

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! More than thirty holidaymakers are taking legal action after they suffered from a gastric illness during their holidays at a five star Egyptian resort. Lawyers say 36 people had their holidays ruined by gastric symptoms whilst staying at the Jaz Aquamarine hotel in Hurghada between January and October 2019. Four holiday makers were hospitalised while eight people had Salmonella, one had the stomach bug Giardiasis and another person had E.Coli and Shigella. Among those affected include a newlywed couple on their honeymoon and a mum and her two children. The holidaymakers, who all booked their getaways via TUI, have launched legal action against the tour operator. READ MORE: Spain, France, Greece and Portugal may refuse Brits entry under new scheme Michelle Crowther, 43, and her two children Molly, 13, and George, 10, from Croydon, South London, all fell ill shortly after arrival. They all experienced abdominal cramps, nausea, diarrhoea, sweating and lethargy while George required medical attention and IV antibiotics during the holiday. Upon their return home home, Michelle had to have a week off work and then had her working hours reduced for five months as she recovered. Michelle said: “When we arrived, our first impressions were good. However, beneath the surface there were a lot of things wrong. I recall the buffet food being left exposed and it was lukewarm at times. "The same utensils were used to handle both raw and cooked food, and children were often seen touching the food. There were even flies around it. I also remember our bed sheets weren’t cleaned for eight days. “Falling ill so early into our holiday left us unable to enjoy any part of it. Seeing my children unwell was the worst part, and I’m still not 100% yet. All we want now are some answers as to how this happened.” Myfanwy Bunting, 50, and her husband Dean, 49, from Rhoose, South Wales, had travelled to the hotel for their honeymoon with their daughter Edan, eight, in July 2019. Just three days into their two week break, Edan and Dean began suffering horrific symptoms such as diarrhoea, nausea and a fever while Myfanwy fell ill the next day. Myfanwy Bunting, 50, her husband Dean, 49, and daughter Edan, 8, from Rhoose, South Wales (Image: © Irwin Mitchell / SWNS) After returning home to the UK, Edan felt better but Dean and Myfanwy’s symptoms continued. Myfanwy, a self-employed property manager, went to her GP and was diagnosed with E.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. She said: “While we were there, we noticed that the hotel kept shutting the pools for long periods of time. We were also concerned over the food not being handled well in the restaurants. We even saw some people picking up food, tasting it and then putting it back. “After we fell ill, we spoke to our reps and hotel staff but we feel like they just fobbed us off and tried telling us that it was because we weren’t used to the heat or the spicy food. But we were certain this wasn’t the reason. “I’ve never been so poorly, but it was still a huge shock when I found out I had E.coli as well as another gastric infection. It’s not something you expect to have to deal with on your honeymoon. “Our holiday was ruined and Dean and I still suffer from gastric problems to this day. While nothing will make up for what we’ve been through, we just want answers now and to know if anything else could have been done to stop it happening to others.” Neil Jones, 58, from Stoke-on-Trent, fell ill just two days into his holiday in July 2019 and only recovered three weeks later. Neil, a retired wall and floor tiler, said: “I remember feeling so unwell and that the cramps were unbearable. "I’m a grown man and I was nearly brought to tears by them. It was supposed to be a fun holiday, but my illness ruined the whole thing. “When my girlfriend went to the chemist abroad, they asked her if we were from the Jaz Aqua before she even said what the issue was. She also heard other holidaymakers discussing getting ill there. Clearly something wasn’t right there and we all deserve some answers.” A TUI spokesperson said: "We are sorry to hear of these experiences at the Jaz Aquamarine Hotel. As this is now a legal matter, it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time. "We’d like to reassure customers that we regularly audit all of our hotels in respect to health and safety, including hygiene." Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here Liverpool weather: Met Office issues 'danger to life' thunderstorm warning Mum says £1.18 creation is 'the best weed killer ever' Costs as Spain, France, Greece and Portugal to charge UK tourists to enter Christine McGuinness 'let's go' as she enjoys girls trip without Paddy Michael Owen makes admission over Gemma's privileged childhood

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 15 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News