Liverpool news Couple 'forced to move out' after fire at waterfront apartments PremierLeague-News.Com
PremierLeague-News.Com - Liverpool man said fire could have been more serious if it had happened in the night
PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! A Liverpool man has told of his anger after a fire broke out in the cavity wall of his city centre apartment. The emergency services were called out to No. 1 Princes Dock apartments on William Jessop Way at around 7.50am on January 29 after a fire in the cavity wall on the 12th floor of the building. Now a resident from the building has contacted the ECHO about the fire. He said the blaze broke out in his apartment's cavity wall after an electrical fault. He also expressed concern about the cladding on the building's exterior, which is currently being replaced by the owners. The waterfront building is owned by Peel L&P and and managed by agents Rendall & Rittner. The man, who asked not be named, said: "If the fire had been in the night the situation would have been far more serious." A spokesperson for Peel L&P said: "The fire was caused by an electrical fault on a heated towel radiator in the apartment’s bathroom. While Peel L&P is responsible for the structure and façade of the building, we do not own the apartments, and are therefore, not responsible for electrical items and, or other items within each apartment. In this particular case, the apartment is privately rented and as such it is the responsibility of the apartment owner and landlord to ensure the electrics are safe. “However, as responsible managing agents, Rendall & Rittner have now urged all residents to arrange appropriate checks of electrical circuits and equipment within their respective apartments. “Work is well underway at No. 1 Princes Dock to replace localised areas of the building’s Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding panels and is expected to be completed in May 2021. Peel L&P has been working closely with MHCLG via Homes England to resolve the well documented issue of ACM cladding as quickly as possible.
News source = PremierLeague-News.Com
A Liverpool man has told of his anger after a fire broke out in the cavity wall at his city centre apartment.
“The fire alarm and evacuation process would have been the same in the day or night as the concierge service is 24/7.” The Liverpool man said that he and his partner had been forced to move out of the apartment due to the damage from the fire. To see the latest planning applications submitted in your area, enter your postcode below:
A spokesperson for Peel said: "Peel L&P does not own the apartment. The family rent the apartment from a private landlord and any issues with the apartment should be raised with the landlord. "However, to ensure the family’s speedy return to the apartment and as a gesture of goodwill Peel assisted with actioning works on the day of the incident including re-instating electrics, deep cleaning the apartment and boarding up the bathroom. MF&RS inspected the apartment, stated it was safe to live in and appreciated Peel’s swift efforts in making it habitable for the family. “MF&RS requested access at a de-brief meeting following the incident to check on the reinstatement works. The keys were held on reception and access was provided by the property managers, Rendall & Rittner for MF&RS.” A spokesperson for Mersey Fire and Rescue said: "The fire at Princes Dock Apartments was caused accidentally by an electrical fault within a cavity wall. The Service is frequently called to fires caused by electrical faults. Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here "MFRS is aware that the building has cladding and has visited the location a number of times and continues to work with the building owners to ensure the fire safety provisions are suitable and sufficient for the premises. "MFRS is satisfied that the building owners are continuing with a schedule of work to remove any cladding which doesn’t meet the current specifications. As an interim measure, a full fire alarm system has been installed and the building operates a full evacuation procedure.” Rendall & Rittner chose not to add to the comment released by Peel L&P.
Source = PremierLeague-News.Com