Daily uk news 'Schoolboy plunged to his death from amusement park ride after he and five friends broke into travelling fun fair before it had opened to the public' PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - Locals have said they had heard a group of around six youngsters had climbed over fencing on the perimeter to get into the fair in Dover, Kent early this morning, Wednesday, August 3.

Daily uk news 'Schoolboy plunged to his death from amusement park ride after he and five friends broke into travelling fun fair before it had opened to the public' PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - Locals have said they had heard a group of around six youngsters had climbed over fencing on the perimeter to get into the fair in Dover, Kent early this morning, Wednesday, August 3.

Daily uk news  'Schoolboy plunged to his death from amusement park ride after he and five friends broke into travelling fun fair before it had opened to the public' PremierLeague-News.Com
03 August 2022 - 17:00

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! A schoolboy plunged to his death from a fairground ride after he and five friends are said to have broken into travelling fun fair before it opened this morning.Locals said they had heard a group of around six youngsters had climbed over fencing on the perimeter to get into the fair in Dover, Kent.It has been said he lost his footing after climbing the ride 'Body Count' despite his friends pleading for him to get down.One local said they had been told the youngster who died was aged 14 although this has not been confirmed by police. Emergency crews were called to Family Funfair in a park in Dover, Kent around 7.45am.An area of parkland where the fair was being held was cordoned off by police this morning, with ambulances and the fire service also at the scene.An investigation was launched to establish exactly what happened as the fair was not due to open to the public until later today. Emergency services were called shortly after 7.45am following the death of a teenager who was crushed by a fairground ride Specialists from Kent Fire and Rescue Technical Rescue are collaborating with officers to assist in the recovery of the person who died at the sceneCatherine Dennison, 75, a retired P&O ferry worker who lives close to the park said she heard an 'unusual' number of sirens this morning.She came out her house to see what was going on and saw a fleet of emergency vehicles near the park.She said: 'I spoke to a young boy who said he had watched it happen.'He said a boy was climbing up on the frame of a ride and his friends were telling him to get down, but he didn't listen and then the boy lost his footing.'He was 14 apparently.'Catherine, who had worked on the ferries as an interpreter added: 'It's so awful. I feel so sorry for his mother, and his father, and his friends who saw it.'The ride where the tragedy took place is thought to be called Body Count, according to residents.Sarah Rogers, 51, who lives nearby said: 'The kids climbed over the fence into the funfair and then the boy was on the ride called Body Count.'He went up to the top of it and fell off apparently.'He fell off the ride. It's absolutely terrible.'Laura Haley, 42, who has lived nearby for eight years said: 'It's so sad and shocking.' A crime scene was established, and the Pencester Garden Fair was placed under lockdown Forrest Amusements, which run the fair, said: 'We are deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the tragic incident which occurred this morning at one of our funfair events in Pencaster Gardens, Dover.'Kent Police have confirmed that the death is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be prepared for the coroner.'The Health and Safety Executive has attended the scene along with the emergency services.'The industry body extended its sympathies to the family of the person involved.President of The Showmen's Guild, John Thurston, said: 'The Showmen's Guild is aware of an incident that has occurred at Dover, in Kent, where we understand that a person has lost their life, in the early hours of Wednesday, August 3 when the fair was closed prior to its official opening.'The HSE, as the body that oversees the regulation of safety at funfairs, is currently investigating the circumstances that led to this tragic event.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

.'As the investigation is currently taking place, we are unable to comment further at this time.' RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 2 Next Not your usual MUGSHOTS: How hardened criminals can smile... Snorkeller let out a 'piercing scream' after being attacked... Jealous boyfriend, 23, is jailed for 10 months for dragging... Share this article Share South East Coast Ambulance Service confirmed that a teenage boy was found deceased at the scene An area of parkland where the fair was being held has been cordoned off by police today A Kent Fire and Rescue spokeswoman also confirmed the service had been called to the scene to assist policeA Dover District Council spokesman said: 'We are deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the tragic incident early this morning (WED) in Pencester Gardens in Dover.'Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends of the teenage boy involved.'The incident occurred at a funfair operated by Forrest Amusements, but the fair was shut at the time.'Kent Police has confirmed that the death is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be prepared for the coroner. The Health and Safety Executive attended the scene along with the emergency services.'The South East Coast Ambulance Service confirmed this morning that a teenage boy was found deceased at the scene.A spokesperson said: 'We were called at 7.42am this morning to a serious incident at Pencester Gardens in Dover.'We immediately dispatched a number of clinical resources to the scene, including our HART team and Critical Care Paramedics, however, sadly, a teenage boy was pronounced as deceased at the scene.'A road adjacent to the park was initially closed to traffic but has since been reopened.A Kent Police spokesperson confirmed the force attended the incident but said no suspicious circumstances have been reported.The Health and Safety Executive has been informed.A Kent Fire and Rescue spokeswoman also confirmed earlier today the service had been called to the scene to assist police.Did you see what happened? Email dan.sales@mailonline.co.uk 

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 31 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News