Bristol news More fires reported around Bristol as temperatures soar PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - One is thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue

Bristol news More fires reported around Bristol as temperatures soar PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - One is thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue

Bristol news More fires reported around Bristol as temperatures soar PremierLeague-News.Com
10 August 2022 - 19:00

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! More fires have been reported in the Bristol area today (August 10) as temperatures continue to soar. And at least one of those blazes is thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue. A heatwave is on the way for much of the UK, according to the Met Office, and yesterday (August 9), a four-day amber warning for 'extreme heat' was issued. In Bristol, temperatures could reach 35C later this week. As the temperatures increase, several fires have been reported in and around the city over the past few days. Here are some of the fires crews were called to today: Read next: Man fined nearly £1,000 for throwing cigarette end down drain A disposable barbecue Crews from Southmead and Temple were called to reports of undergrowth alight on Stapleton Road, Easton, at 2.11pm. On arrival, crews found an area of 15 x 10 metres of bushes on fire. Using one high pressure hose reel, one 45mm jet and two grass beaters. The cause of the fire was a disposable barbecue. A grass fire Crews from Temple were called to reports of a grass fire on Bathurst Parade, Redcliff, at 3.35pm. On arrival, crews found a small grass fire affecting around five by five metres. Crews used one high pressure hose reel to extinguish the fire. The cause of the incident is thought to have been accidental ignition. A rubbish fire Crews from Temple were called to reports of a rubbish fire on Barrow Road, Lawrence Hill, at 5.36pm. On arrival, crews found a small amount of rubbish well alight in an area of shrubland.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. The incident was thought to have been caused by accidental ignition. Another grass fire Crews from Clevedon were called to reports of a grass fire on Strode Road, Clevedon, at 2.13pm. On arrival, crews found a fire measuring 100 metres by 20 metres, affecting a field. Using one high pressure hose reel, the fire was extinguished by crews. The cause of the incident was determined to have been accidental ignition. 'We're asking everyone to do their bit this summer' Avon Fire & Rescue Service (AF&RS) has issued top tips to help people stay safe and help reduce the chance of grass, woodland and crop fires. The fire service said that, in hot conditions, fires could develop and spread rapidly with greater severity. It added that in the summer months, firefighters see more accidental fires started and injuries sustained, especially due to increased barbecues and bonfires - flames from which have the potential to spread wildly across dry grass and crops. AF&RS Area Manager Vaughan Jenkins said: "As the hot weather continues, I know it can be tempting to have a barbeque with friends and family, but with the ground so dry it poses a significant fire risk. "We're asking everyone to do their bit this summer and take care to reduce the risk of fires starting in the first place. We will always be there if you need us in an emergency, but lets work together to make sure our resources are available for those who need us most." Fire safety tips If you're going to have a BBQ, they are best used: In your garden Away from your home A safe distance from anything that could catch fire, including: hedges, sheds or garden furniture If using a disposable BBQ, place it on a flat, non-flammable surface and only dispose of it once it's cold. Dispose of smoking materials responsibly, make sure cigarettes are fully out and cold before being put in a bin - do not drop them on the ground. Pick up your litter. Don't leave bottles or glass in dry areas - sunlight shining through the glass can start a fire. Instead, dispose of them in waste or recycling bins. Read next: Met Office issues amber 'extreme heat' warning Balloon Fiesta warning about wind ahead of this week's festival Police appeal after man found 'stabbed' at post office One 'casualty' and two dogs rescued from Knowle West street Start date announced for Muller Road construction which will last months Read More Related Articles Two Night Glows to take place this year at Balloon Fiesta Read More Related Articles Warning issued to anyone with a diesel vehicle

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 42 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News