Birmingham news Vue admits health & safety charges after cinema-goer died when seat crushed him PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - Vue Cinemas has admitted two health and safety breaches after a customer died at Star City when he became trapped and was crushed under one of their chairs

Birmingham news Vue admits health & safety charges after cinema-goer died when seat crushed him PremierLeague-News.Com

PremierLeague-News.Com - Vue Cinemas has admitted two health and safety breaches after a customer died at Star City when he became trapped and was crushed under one of their chairs

Birmingham news  Vue admits health & safety charges after cinema-goer died when seat crushed him PremierLeague-News.Com
07 April 2021 - 04:45

PremierLeague-News.Com - Breaking Sport Transfer News ! Vue has admitted failures in health and safety after a cinema-goer died when a reclining seat came down on his neck at Star City. Desperate attempts were made to release Ateeq Rafiq, 24, but he suffered "catastrophic" injuries in the freak accident at the Star City venue in March 2018. Vue Entertainment Ltd admitted two charges at Birmingham Crown Court under the Health and Safety at Work Act. The company pleaded guilty to failing to ensure that persons were not exposed to risk to their health and safety and failing to make a suitable and safe risk assessment between January 1 2007 and March 9 2018 in relation to the use of powered cinema seating. Sentencing was adjourned until July 20. The dad-of-one had gone with his wife to the cinema at 4.30pm on March 9 and bought tickets from a machine for seats in Gold Class, screen 17. Vue Cinema at Star City in Birmingham The couple, from Aston, picked C5 and C6 with Mr Rafiq sitting in C5. At the end of the film he realised he could not find either his keys or his phone and suspected they may have slipped down the side of the seat which was a reclining seat and which had a footrest which pulled up. He got up and went under the seat but very quickly the footrest started to come down on him.

News source = PremierLeague-News.Com

. Mrs Sardar alerted staff who tried for about 10 to 15 minutes before releasing Mr Rafiq. Read More Related Articles NEC fined £400k after stage boss hit on head by 12kg weight in horror accident at ICC Read More Related Articles Vue Cinema death: Fuse had blown in electric seat where customer fatally injured They could not get the buttons which operated the footrest to work. Paramedics arrived at 7.55pm and Mr Rafiq was taken to Heartlands Hospital where he died on March 16 after suffering a hypoxic brain injury. A week-long inquest was told the seat was missing a bar that would have allowed him to be released by hand. Recording a verdict of accidental death, Birmingham Coroner Emma Brown said there had been “missed opportunities to undertake comprehensive safety checks of the chairs”, according to the BBC. She said: “If the seat had been fitted and maintained in the correct manner, Mr Rafiq would not have died.” Following the inquest, a Vue spokesperson said: "We are shocked and saddened by this tragic accident and our sincerest thoughts and condolences go to Mr Rafiq's family and friends. We have been listening carefully to all of the evidence and information and will now reflect on the findings of the inquest."

Source = PremierLeague-News.Com

This news 25 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News
MAY INTEREST YOU x
Sport news  'They do not care about the fans, they see them as customers and they take them for mugs': Fans SLAM plot for breakaway competition, hitting-out at Premier League Big Six for driving the project Premierleague-News.com
Sport news 'They do not care about the fans, they see them as...
Uk News  Iheanacho lauds ‘outstanding’ Vardy partnership as Leicester’s FA Cup love affair knows no end United Kingdom news
Uk News Iheanacho lauds ‘outstanding’ Vardy partnership as...